We hope you will enjoy using the pool as if it were your own. To ensure that everyone is happy with privacy, security and safety, it is very important the following rules are followed:
1) At least one of the booking party must be over the age of 21.
2) Each slot is 55mins, which includes the changing time. Please do not arrive before your time slot. (If your slot is 3- 3.55pm, please do not enter the building until 3pm). Please do not over-run. There is a clock in the pool area and changing room.
3) Any children not 100% toilet trained must wear a swim nappy and a 'Happy Nappy'. These can be purchased from many locations, including Boots and Amazon. You cannot swim with your child if you do not have both types of nappies, disposable on first, then neoprene nappy over the top. We have some spare neoprene nappies, please ask. If you are found to have omitted the system and there is leakage into the water as a result, you will be liable for damages for the cleaning and sanitation of the water and filter system. This may also have an effect on the swim school lessons and we take the matter very seriously because it is wholly preventable.
4) No outdoor shoes or socks are allowed to be worn in any part of the pool building, please remove in the entrance hallway - The same applies to prams, etc.
5) No single person (or single adult) swimming is allowed. Lone swimming is prohibited, for safety reasons.
6) No diving into the pool, the pool does not have a deep end – it is a constant 1.2 meters and diving is strictly prohibited.
7) No horseplay (pushing others into the pool or dive bombing), no running/walking/crawling or sitting on the composite effect edge of the pool. No hard balls or toys in the pool.
8) No furniture is to be moved or removed from the pool building.
9) The narrow edge of the pool (closest to the window) MUST NOT be climbed on, sat on, walked along, jumped off or used to exit the pool. Injury is likely to occur if this is ignored and is strictly prohibited.
10) All users should be in good health and it is your responsibility to ensure that the pool, the pool chemicals (bromine is used for sanitisation) and the pool environment will not affect any medical condition you suffer from by your doctor in a consultation if necessary. Should a doctors consultation be necessary then the owners must be notified in writing prior to use. A full breakdown of pool temperature, air temperature and chemicals used can be provided upon request. No one is to use the pool under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
11) The pool water balance is tested and recorded daily and can be seen on request. Water is laboratory tested monthly and on a quarterly. Basis, as per regulations.
12) Please exercise caution if you have consumed a large meal an hour before swimming.
13) No food, drink or breakables may be used in the pool or anywhere else including the changing rooms likewise with talcum powder – the use of which is strictly prohibited.
14) No smoking is allowed in the premises or outside whatsoever.
15) All jewellery must be removed prior to entering the pool, for your safety and to protect the pool liner.
16) To maintain the temperature of the pool and building all entrance doors must be kept closed.
17) Perfumes, body lotions, makeup etc must be removed prior to entering the pool including moisturises or tanning products
18) Anyone using the facility does so at their own risk. The pool is unmanned, unsupervised and has no lifeguard facility.
19) For any bookings, cancellations within 48 hours of the booked time, will be charged at the full amount.
20) On arrival, if the cover is on, the hirer must remove this by turning the handle and ensuring it does not twist.
21) Unless otherwise notified, you must recover the pool as shown at the end of your session. This will ensure consistently high temperatures in the pool.
22) Any damage at all must be paid for in full by the lead hirer booking the private slot.
23) By paying for a session, the payee accepts the T&Cs in full. The individual that pays enters into an agreement with The Swim shed, (located at Station Cottage, Gayton Road, East Winch, PE32 1LG), that any damage during that session (or discovered after the session), howsoever caused, shall be paid for in full by the payee. The payee will receive written confirmation of the cost of repairs required for any damage and be required to pay for those repairs within 14 calendar days of receiving the written confirmation of the cost of repairs.
24) All rubbish, and specifically nappies, should be taken home with you. If nappies are found to have been left you may be charged for disposal and sanitising the area – the air temperature is very warm and with a used nappy - unhygienic & smelly.
25) If shoes are not removed or the pool room floor is soiled, there may be an additional charge for cleaning.
26) Occasionally it may be necessary to close the pool for maintenance. Hirers will be notified in advance if it affects their hire and allowed to cancel their booking if required and arrange an alternative.
27) Two to six people maximum to use the pool at any one time. Strictly no lone swimmers.
28) There must be no more than two children (under 16) or non-swimmers to one adult (over 18) who must be a competent swimmer. (2:2:1 ratio)
29) Private hire swimmers must not arrange swimming lessons or private lessons during their private swim session.
30) Please ensure that you and your group are physically fit to swim.
31) Please do not allow a person within your group, who may have a contagious illness (including diarrhoea) to swim.
32) Please ensure all exits are kept clear at all times.
33) Please notify the owners immediately of any damage to the pool or equipment.
34) Please park in the pool car park area and access to the pool building is via the front entrance.
35) Cars are parked at the owner’s risk.
36) Please ensure all external doors in the pool building remain closed.
37) Please leave the pool building as you would like to find it. If the floors are wet, please use the mop and squeegee to remove surface water.
38) In the unlikely event of an emergency, please telephone Karen on 07841483515 OR please dial 999 and then inform Karen. Please note a defibrillator is located at East Winch Village Hall.
39) CCTV is in operation in the pool room only.